header

header

4.25.2008

If I Had Three Wishes...


This is how the conversation started from the backseat as my Helper Munchkin and I drove to the grocery store this morning. What would you wish for? I wanted to know. And here it is from the mouth of a five year old:


"Well, first I would wish for a magic set that really works and then I would wish for Gramma and Grampa to live here right next to us so I could go see them whenever I want. Because I really like them and they are really nice to us and they play outside with us. Oh, and I wish I could eat candy every day."


So, there it is...little things mean so much to our kids (included, are magic and candy). I try to remember that each time I'm asked to play catch, go to check on the tadpoles, or throw a Frisbee. I still need lots of reminders, but I try to pull myself away more often.


To prepare for Gramma and Grampa's visit, it was decided that chocolate chip muffins were in order. I became Helper Mom while the Munchkin took the lead and made everything (except the baking part) all by himself for his beloved Gram and Gramp.

2 comments:

  1. HAH! Candy and Magic and Grandparents, what more does a child need?? how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posed the question to my five-year-old and she said, "I want a horse of my own to ride and I want to be a big sister." I'm almost sorry I asked! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work