header

header

3.11.2013

Only Got 2 Hours to Cook a 3 Hour Turkey?


Butterfly it, Baby!

I think Alton Brown taught me the beauty of butterflying poultry years ago and I've never looked back.

Last week I had 2 hours to cook an 8 lb turkey breast so I turned to this time tested technique to speed things up a bit.

It kind of looks like a heart???

Anyway, here she is in all her butterflied glory, slathered in butter and seasoned and ready to hang out in the oven for a bit.  We ate it too fast to take an after photo!

Anyhoo, I popped her in the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes at 350 then cranked it up to 400 for the last 15-20 minutes until she was golden brown and about 170 degrees internally.

Wait a minute...do you know how to butterfly a turkey breast?  Hold up, check it out:



Follow these directions to butterfly a whole turkey or just the breast like I did.

 



2 comments:

  1. I don't see a video or link.

    On a side note, don't you just ♥ Alton Brown? I wish he was still doing Good Eats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I swear he taught me everything I know about cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work